Certification or Credential Maintenance
For specific information on the requirements for certification or credential maintenance, contact your professional organization or certifying body. Following is a summary of information that has been gathered for various professions. However, it may not reflect changes. Suggestings of information that could be added or attention needed to this area can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RESNA accepts AAC Institute IACET CEUs for maintenance of the ATP/ATS credential. For more information go to www.resna.org.
- Speech-language pathologists and audiologists need CEUs for certification maintenance; however, they do not need to be ASHA CEUs. AAC Institute CEUs offered for topics relevant to SLP and audiology practice can serve the need for continuing professional development. For more information go to www.asha.org.
- Occupational therapists wishing to maintain NBCOT certification may use AAC Institute CEUs offered for topics relevant to occupational therapy practice. For more information go to www.nbcot.org.
- Physical therapists do not have a certification or credential to maintain, except for certified specialities. For more information go to www.apta.org.
- Psychologists seeking information on continuing professional development hour requirements should consult www.apa.org.
- Social workers wishing to join the Academy of Certified Social Workers need 20 hours of relevant continuing education. For more information go to http://www.naswdc.org/credentials/credentials/acsw.asp.
For most professions with state (provincial or other licensure), the maintenance requirements are different from state to state. Contact the licensing body for your state for specific information.
- AAC Institute is an SLPAB Approved Continuing Professional Development Provider in California.
- S.H.O.U.T. is a provider of ACT 48 Hours in Pennsylvania. Contact us for administration of ACT 48 Hours.